Sunday, October 10, 2010

Far Rivivere - Breathe New Life into

It is what I feel has happened to me recently - having some new life breathed into me. It's kinda of nice, actually. You might remember from my last blog, in July, I made a decision to focus more on my goals than my financial survival. When I wrote the last blog I was struggling.

It is amazing what can happen when you shift your attention and find focus. The focus on the goal, the letting go of the financial worry, and the watching for opportunities has made a world of difference. The main difference is having the zeal to pursue opportunities - something I didn't have even six weeks ago.

I feel like I have been transformed or like the Phoenix rising from the ashes. Sometimes a picture says it better and these paintings do a pretty good job.




This series by Kristen Gilje is entitled "Metamorphosis" and "express a feeling of progress and togetherness in an often hopeless feeling world". I feel togetherness and progress - and most of all, hope and joy.

Togetherness is something else that has been breathing new life into me. I finally have some community here and these new friends have been incredibly supportive in that they cheer me on, brainstorm with me, and encourage me in this journey of starting the new business.

Friends do make all the difference. I certainly do miss my friends who are far away from me! Yesterday I had a great outing with some local friends - check it out.

A great place to kayak and right in the middle of the city.

"Metamorphosis" of leaves in fall.
We found these all laid out on the bench just like this.

The breath of new life has also come in the form of new connections and starting to see how the pieces all fit together.

Two weeks ago I met with a new colleague who happens to be a marketing and branding expert. Harry asked me to think of seven adjectives that describe what my business is about and to make sure they are unique and consistent. In others words, my competitors shouldn't be using these adjectives and when I say them people should think - oh, yes, that makes sense with Rosanne.

Here is what I have so far: reinvent, purpose, rejuvenate, playful, hope, accepting, encouraging.
It will be interesting to see how they change.

Another new breath of life has been in creating a working title for my project. The past several weeks have been focused on finding something more dynamic and relevant that R&R Ranch, the title I picked in desperation over three years ago.

The current working title options (all in italian) and their translations are:

Mira Bella (beautiful vision)

Nuovo di zecca (brand new or completely new)

Far Rivivere (breath new life into, reinvent, rejuvenate)

Nuovo inizio (new beginning of fresh start)

Nuovo Slancio (new life, renewed vigor or purpose).

For now, I am going to use Far Rivivere as the working title. The actual title will evolve as this continues to move forward. Originally I wanted to go with Mira Bella until I did a google search and discovered its great popularity.

Feel free to suggest similar ideas in other languages.

The Reinvented (Far Rivivere) catepillar

Speaking of evolving, the business idea is evolving, changing and shaping, and this also brings new life.

The new elements is using my understanding of business, cultures, and people to provide a holistic partnering/consulting help to businesses in trouble, mostly immigrant run businesses. This would provide so many more opportunities AND so many more challenges. Mostly it seems like a good fit for me, and a great combination with the other two pieces: home, job life skills for kids graduating from the foster care system; and freeing leaders to find their inner creativity and hope through the fun and play at the retreat center. There might even be a first client or two soon!

The biggest challenge for this would be getting people to "want" the right kind of help and getting paid.

I do like a good challenge!

Do you?

How is life challenging you these days and what breaths new life into you?

2 comments:

  1. Today Shpressa breathed new life into me - a wonderful Albanian woman who will be helping us with the challenge of daily living and language practice 2 days a week!

    Great post - gorgeous photos!

    I like Nuovo Inizio myself :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous! I must have talked to you the morning you were on your way to kayaking. I delighted to see this & very proud of you.
    Blessings . e

    ReplyDelete